Sign Up for Tutoring at MCC
- In-Person and Virtual appointments are available by signing up on Navigate.
- If you are interested in in-person tutoring, the location will be in the Learning Commons.
- Virtual tutoring will be via Zoom.
- All tutoring appointments and requests can be made through Navigate. Please find the list of subjects and tutors (PDF).
- If you cannot find a time that works, please select the “Request Tutoring Appointment” option on the scheduling screen on Navigate. Include as many details as possible. Please note: tutoring requests are not monitored on the weekend.
- If you have trouble booking an appointment, or need assistance doing so, please contact the Academic Advising Center at MCCAcademicAdvising@ccsnh.edu.
Tips for a Successful Tutoring Session
- Complete all homework assignments to the best of your ability.
- Make use of your professor’s office hours.
- Try to identify any areas of difficulty you are having.
- Don’t wait until the last minute, see a tutor as soon as you are having trouble, or before.
- Tutoring is not just for students who are having trouble; it is for anyone who would like some extra help.
What Tutoring Can Do for You:
- Clarify of course material
- Assist with studying and study skills
- Reassure you when material seems overwhelming
- Provide test preparation & test-taking tips
24/7 Online Tutoring
Free online tutoring is also available to you 24/7 via computer or mobile device. With this service—called Smarthinking— you work with online tutors in real time. Tutors can review papers that you submit to them (within 24 hours). Help is available by drop-in or by appointment and is accessed from within Canvas.
Becoming a Tutor at MCC
To start the process of becoming a tutor at MCC, please contact the Academic Advising Center at MCCAcademicAdvising@ccsnh.edu.
If you have feedback you would like to share about your tutor or tutoring experience, you can do so here. Share feedback.